Total Pageviews

Friday, February 13, 2009

Top Part of Guatemala Sampler


Guatemala Sampler
from Handwerken Zonder Grenzen

# 132 Sept - Oct 2003

129 x 44o stitches

I will be substituting other colors for most of the browns listed, and possibly lightening up other shades here and there. It is a stunning piece, no matter what shades are used.

I'm going to experiment with fabrics, starting with black, which I love for popping colors. Will post shots as I go. Whatever ground color I use will be linen.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, what pleasant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ron,
    Thanks for the comment. I absolutely love this sampler. It's quite long, but the design is wonderful.
    Remy

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are exactly the colors I love to surround myself with, which is probably why I love Belize, and the Caribbean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi GutsyWriter,
    Yes, the colors hit me too .. a physical response from the gut!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    I just read about this sampler on a yahoo group and went looking for a picture of it.

    It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

    My SIL is Guatemalan and I would LOVE to do this piece for her.

    Is there any chance you would be willing to sell me the chart when you have completed it?

    You can contact me at: ladydoctw@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ladydoctw,

    Yes, it's a beautiful piece. If you wait until I'm finished with it, you'll probably be a very old woman!! And I don't really want to part with my copy. The magazine itself is a work of art.

    However on the Yahoo group, TheSamplerLife, they're in the midst of putting together a group order. If that's not the Yahoo group you mentioned above, I suggest that you join it and order with them. TSL is a great group and it was through those wonderful ladies that I purchased my copy last year. Good luck in getting your hands on a copy ... it's worth the trouble!

    Remy

    ReplyDelete