Total Pageviews

Friday, February 13, 2009

a Bee in a garden of delights!

I am a Bee in a garden of delights! I have so many needlework projects in the works that I'm dizzy with the sweetness of so much beauty and so much color! Working with what you love is amazingly energizing.

I'm rotating among the beauties, so my overall progress toward completion is slower, but my satisfaction level is high. I've always loved the work more than the race to completion. I frequently feel disappointed when a project is completed, much like the feeling I get after turning the last page of a good book.

This morning I pulled out a very old WIP, which was part of a class. I've no idea where the rest of the pattern is, nor do I really care. I'm remaking it as my Father's Side Sampler. Last night I spent a few hours on Ancestry.com and discovered some fascinating details I didn't know about my Father's family. I am closer to the Old Sod than I knew, and delighted by it. My one paternal relative and I compared our "notes" a few years ago, and both of us were basically clueless. I had a list of surnames and a few pictures. He had about the same. So it was incredible to go on Ancestry.com and find my family's information just sitting there, waiting for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment